Enough

I cannot believe that the inscrutable universe turns on an axis of suffering; surely the strange beauty of the world must somewhere rest on pure joy! 
LOUISE BOGAN

I feel so ALIVE after a physically and emotionally challenging few days as I cut my disguised addictions; caffeine and sugar (plus many other things as part of my elimination diet). I was a total mess but I still showed up almost every day and I’m thankful as my body’s adjusting to the change and my energy levels are going up again. Although I missed my alarm this morning as my body was a bit tender I still went for a quick run. To my amazement the whole world was changed. The cemetery was covered with frost and filled with mist, fog and intrigue.  It was cold. It was so cold that I couldn't feel my hands or face anymore but I was mesmerized and my energy was peaking.  It could be a scene from a Tarkovsky or Bela Tarr film.  As I ran I could feel the blood flowing in my body and veins I experienced life fully.  I’m not even a fan of cold but the crispness and the freshness in the air made me feel so alive. 

I love life, I thought. I love it so much that it’s a shame sometimes I miss parts of it worrying about you know those “human things”. Why are we so trapped in it? I had a small revelation a while ago which is that my favourite moments in life have always been the simplest ones. Simple yet exhilarating. Why then do I chase this “big” thing.. whatever it is?

As I kept running the sun appeared with all its glory among the trees. A soft golden light beaming through branches. Just the way I like it. Soft, warm and mystic. My photos don’t do justice. Spirit, inner source, oneness I’m grateful. 

Everything is how it’s supposed to be and it’s enough. Just enough. 

I will stay with this today. 









Comments

Popular Posts