Homecoming




It was all like a dream. Finally my time at the Lovegrows farm came to end. I made my goodbyes to the land; the mountains, the river, the trees and the spirits. As a tradition we all crossed the river and climbed up the hill for one last goodbye. On the bumpy road to the village I shed a tear or two riding across that beautiful land. I thanked Mother Sierra for everything she offered me and I felt huge gratitude but also sadness as there was so much I wanted to explore that I didn't get a chance to.




I think I will never forget the look on Lardon's face when the motorbike started moving. It was the last thing I saw as we rode away and  somehow so powerful. She was my best friend or soulmate as Philip wrote in my diary. She spiked something in me that I never experienced with an animal before. It was hard to say goodbye to all the lovely people but I knew I could see them again, perhaps in Europe or somewhere else but not my Lardon...





We were met by a nurse and driver by the shuttle who took our temperatures, gave us gloves and masks and sprayed us and our stuff over. It was already a struggle to wear shoes after weeks and now I had to get used to wearing a mask. The whole journey was STRANGE. Luckily I had the company of my German mate Philip who reminded me that we were no aliens and that we'd be okay. We'd been there before after all. Heathrow airport was dead quiet. No coffee but Reese peanut cups were delicious. One last hug to Philip and off I went towards the unknown once again. (The first one was 12 years ago when I first arrived in the UK.) This time, however, everything was familiar, I had enough language to speak and people I love.



It's been a few weeks since I came back now. My backpacking state continues as I move from a boat to an arty warehouse, a cosy shared flat to now a lovely countryside cottage. I feel so grateful for all those awesome beings in my life who put me up. My mind was quite busy to figure out what to do next , how to utilise this time of transition; what training I should do, what zoom calls I should join, who I should get in touch with to start with. But a man know me well and has much wisdom gave me a good advice. "Just breath" he said. "Something will come up".

So I do that. I simply breath. It's miraculous.







Comments

Popular Posts