How I met my wolf? A "Rebirthing" experience


I was a little girl in the woods, scared and tearful. Then, a big gray wolf appeared. The message was clear: Trust! I started to follow her into the land of Embercombe. One moment she was by the lake, and the next, on the other side of the lake. I knew what I needed to do: swim across the lake and climb onto it, as she was waiting for me. But I was stuck - stuck in my fear of swimming. This was the very lake that had panicked me a few months ago, as I couldn't see the bottom of it. But it was the only way, and the message was clear: I must get over my fear. The wolf dared me. And I did it. I climbed up onto it. Just at that moment, my grandma, whom I had never met in this lifetime, appeared to me. She had an aura, and I could feel her compassion. There were a few people I cared for, like Mum. I looked at them with hesitation, worried they wouldn't approve of this adventure, but they gave me their blessing. "Go well," they said. "Be free."

We rode and rode for miles. I could see the pack ahead of us, and I wanted to join them, but I soon understood it was a journey of just me and the wolf. We rode for miles until we reached a cliff. There I was, riding on a big gray wolf, overlooking a vast land from the highest cliff I'd ever seen. The emotions and sensations going through my body were indescribable: exhilarated, liberated, wild, and free. Never in my life had I felt so empowered. Interestingly, as I breathed in harder, my breath was taken away. I felt big. I felt grateful. I felt immense joy. But that wasn't the end of our journey. As we rode, I saw sacred fires, the Himalayas, massive birds, and oceans - the four elements. We continued for days and days until we arrived at the Amazon rainforest...

There I was, on a vertical branch of a towering tree. I could see the wild animals in the wilderness. I stood tall with purpose. I kept breathing in, knowing that every time I did, my wolf would be with me. We were getting tired though, and she lay down next to me. All this time, I showed gratitude, murmuring "Thank you, thank you." My eyes were like two fountains as I couldn't believe how blessed I was to have such an otherworldly experience. Breathe in and keep breathing in. I hugged the wolf so tightly. "Stay," I said, "stay, please don't leave," as I was being called back. "Don't go. No, no, no, we're good together, stay." She didn't say anything but looked at me. The message was clear: I was going to be okay. More than okay. I was going to be amazing. And off she went. I tried breathing harder, but the drums stopped, and the noises disappeared when a friendly voice whispered, "It's time to come back." I cried for days over this profound experience. I cried because of the longing and the blessing.


A year later, when I breathed again, another magical thing happened. After trying so hard to release the thing that was stuck in my throat, I found my voice. I howled and howled and howled, and realized that the wolf was within me all along.


Here's to all the wild and free souls.


Photo credit goes to my talented friend India Kalff who gifted this to me on my birthday several years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts