This love will carry you

 A tribute to a beautiful woman…

Fiona, 


I’ve never experienced such grief and joy at the same time upon someone’s passing. The world is at a great loss that you are no longer with us but I’m also filled with joy for having known you and learned so much from you.  As you walked on the land, always bare feet and with deep curiosity, you carried beauty, love, and kindness with such grace. Thank you for holding us like Mother Earth. You cared for every living being and made us feel special in many ways. Such big heart, such big smile, such warmth. Arms are always open wide welcoming. Fi, you welcomed us all into the magical world of yours. 



You touched my life in the most gentle and profound ways. You supported and celebrated me so much as  I grew in my role as the backrow lead. Maybe there’s no such thing as time; there are only moments, each with its own story. In one of those moments when you held me in my arms looked at my eyes with that genuine smile and said "You are a wise woman", I was filled with joy. My insecurities dissipated upon hearing this from a woman who I looked up to. I will never forget that moment and will try to live up to that. Thank you for believing in me. 




Yesterday we gathered together at the stone circle to celebrate your life while you were still alive. It felt important.  Flocks of people poured in at 5.45 am to the land of Embercombe which you loved dearly. And many candles and fires were lit by those who couldn’t be there.  A beautiful fire was built and poetry was shared. We sang your favourite song in harmony and fed the fire with the sticks that we said our prayers to.  There was so much gratitude for your existence. As we stood in ceremony watching the worm moon going down and the sun coming, we carried you with love.  You would’ve loved it. The fire was kept lit until late at night. It was tended the way you always did. We heard that you left your human form a few hours later.



Today I will grieve in my bright and colorful clothes as I walk and dance bare feet in the fields. I know that’s what you would like. 




This love will carry you… 








Comments

Popular Posts