Tugba's Dream Edventure




I have a dream. A dream that keeps me alert and motivates me to show up in life everyday fully.
 
I have a long history working in the humanitarian sector and recently I've been focusing a lot of my time on yoga, breathwork and mindfulness.
 
So once again I'm following my heart for a big dream. What I want to do in the long run is to combine my passions with the causes I care for.  This is a big dream and I need to learn, grow and train in order to establish something that's not just worthwhile but also sustainable. With this purpose in mind (and heart!), I know I have a long way to go and I'm convinced that Edventure's (Education + Adventure) sustainable start up course will give me tools to start this journey. As part of this training I will be working on a local Food Waste project here in Frome which is another cause I care for. The course will last for 10 weeks and I will be collaborating with others in order to bring the project to life.

I'm so excited and thrilled to be working as part of a team in person and to create something from scratch again, all while learning how to run a holistic business.

 
Can you help me get closer to making my dream come true by donating towards this project?

Here's how you can support: https://localgiving.org/fundraising/tugbaedventure/    

My motto for this fundraiser is "little is more" My small step and your small donation can really help make a difference. Let's make the world a better place together! 

Huge thanks from the bottom of my heart. 


Tugba xx


About the project:
The project  will be to set up a commercial, community-based food waste collection and composting enterprise. The aim is to tackle the issues of food waste & soil fertility by collecting unused food  from Frome businesses, processing it into high quality, ‘alive’ compost, which can in turn be sold to growers, and as a domestic gardening product.

Why this challenge

At present, significant amounts of vegetable and food ‘waste’ are collected in Frome and leave the town for landfill, bio-digestion or large-scale composting with significant travel involved. The compost generated in this process is often scorched and of low biodiversity. This material has potential to become fertile compost for growers and food projects within the town.
 
Soil health is decreasing at an alarming rate around the world. Healthy soils are important to growing food, sustaining life and the nutrient cycle, and are also an important part of the carbon cycle. How we preserve and improve soil health is a vital component of combating climate change and growing resilience.
 
Frome has ambitious zero carbon targets, which recovery of the material could play into alongside benefits for soil fertility and local food production and education across the town.

Also....


I will be running a series of onlineworkshops throughout April as part of my fundraising. Please come, share and contribute if you can! 


Comments

Popular Posts