No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.


I knew it wouldn't be easy. Coming back after spending months overseas, living a life so different than your own, witnessing and dealing with things I never came across before. People go traveling to find themselves but I felt so lost after I came back. Reverse cultural shock.  A common condition if you have such hands-on experience. After a few days of indulging in creature comforts and appreciating every drop of hot water in the shower, you realise you're slightly estranged to your own habitat. Cold and gray winter days interlaced with the gloomy job hunting process, several rejections and ambiguity but life is still pretty sweet with people who are there for you and the sun that beams through the window. Coming back on a jet plane isn't always easy and the road to home can be tumultuous but it's pretty cool when you get an offer from a fantastic organisation that you admire and have volunteered for in the past.




It's really exciting times for me as my new job's just started at the British Red Cross and I feel accustomed to this new territory. Obviously, it helps that I've already known the BRC fairly well from my first aiding times and that my team is very welcoming. I thought I'd feel nervous starting a new career but the only thing I'm worried about is heights...

On that note, as part of the Red Cross week, I'm taking on a challenge with my new colleagues and abseiling down our office building to raise money for the amazing work BRC do to help people in crisis from Syria to Europe, international disasters to national marathons. Check out my justgiving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CentralTeamAbseil to find out more!


Would you support me today?


Namaste!


Ps: I love high places but I'm a little bit scared of this.





Comments

Popular Posts